We’re looking for an RTP 180 emcee!
We need an authentic, inviting, interactive and committed emcee to lead our crowd each month during our signature event, RTP 180. Our ideal candidate would be someone who can handle the unexpected, be their true self on stage, and make each person in the room feel engaged.
You will be responsible for keeping morale high, occasionally pronouncing unusual words, and setting the stage (literally) for each speaker. You will be an ambassador of The Frontier and for RTP as a whole, so our ideal candidate would be one who aligns with our mission.
Position Title: Emcee of RTP 180
Compensation: $400 per month
Term: A long term (multi-year) commitment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be a team player that takes direction well.
- Strong social media skills.
- A “roll with the punches” attitude.
- A knowledge seeker.
- Experience speaking to large crowds is a huge bonus.
Physical Demands: We would need you on site at The Frontier every 3rd Thursday of the month, from 5:15pm until just past 7:00pm, beginning February 15, 2018. You will be standing, sitting and who knows… maybe even dancing from time to time!
Working Environment: On stage, front and center, in front of a crowd of up to 300 people. All eyes on you, so no pressure!
Sound like you something you want to be a part of?
- Fill out the form below.
- Take a peek at these RTP180 examples [1, 2] and the role our emcee played in the overall program. Note the introduction, transitions, and the closing.
- Submit a 1-2 minute video, giving us your own personal spin on one or more of these program elements, to email@example.com. You may also submit additional materials (reel from previous emcee gigs or professional speaking engagements, references, etc.)
Applications will be open to the public now through January 3rd. We will then review all the applicants internally and invite finalists to The Frontier for an audition. Only complete applications will be considered.
We plan to make a decision by January 16th and announce the new emcee at our January 18th RTP 180.