Navigating the Cloud: Lessons for Business and Beyond
The cloud is fundamentally changing the way we think about building, securing and operating our applications. It is an enabler for both large enterprises in established markets and small disruptors creating new ones. Effectively leveraging the cloud for IT infrastructure and services is critical for digital business transformation and accelerated time to value for their customers. How do you get to the cloud? What is the right cloud to go to? What does a cloud strategy look like? How do stay secure in the cloud? What are the road blocks to cloud migration? How will the cloud impact corporate IT? What is the future of the cloud? Please join us as we explore these topics and more on February 7th at the Fidelity Investments Campus.
- 4:30 - Doors Open, Brief Networking
- 4:45 - Keynote - Richard J. Moran, Head of Enterprise Cloud Computing Architecture | Fidelity Investments
- 4:55 - Panel Discussion with Audience Participation
- 5:45 - Networking Session, Meet the Speakers
- Beer, wine, and food will be served after the talks.
- Bala Rajaraman, CTO for Bluemix and Cloud Platform Services | IBM
- Raghvender Arni, Head of App and Platform Architecture | Pivotal
- Tiffany Miller, VP Digital Experience Technology | Fidelity Investments
- Douglas Drake, Cloud Channel Lead | Deloitte
Meet the speakers:
- Rick is the Chief architect for enterprise cloud computing (ECC) at Fidelity Investments. Responsible for the design and architecture of common platforms, services and automation enabling line of business engineering teams to deploy, manage and operate applications in the public and private cloud. Also, responsible for the common container as a service platform and strategy.
- Bala is currently the Vice President, IBM Fellow and CTO for Bluemix and Cloud Platform Services. His current responsibilities include the strategy, architecture and design of next generation cloud platform-as-a-service solutions (Bluemix). In the past he has been involved in the strategy, architecture and design of several products for cloud computing, service operations management, and DevOps. His areas of professional interest include cloud computing, automation, networking and systems performance. He holds over 25 patents in these areas. He received a Ph.D. in Computer Engineering from Clemson University, South Carolina, and a Masters in Computer Engineering from Drexel University, Philadelphia.
- Arni is currently Head of App and Platform Architecture at Pivotal. The team of Architects that he leads works with large F500 clients by helping them build their roadmap for software delivery transformation primarily using the cloud native platform Pivotal Cloud Foundry and agile methodologies pioneered by Pivotal Labs. Prior to Pivotal, he spent many years working closely with F500 companies by being a part of and leading field engineering teams at enterprise software companies like VMWare, Progress Software. He was a founding member of a successful venture funded startup, ISPSoft, and started his career at Bell-Labs research after graduate school at Rutgers University.
- For more than 15 years, Tiffany has been privileged to help shape the financial planning experience as technology has altered the way we work, live and play—from the early days of the web to today’s spectrum of mobile devices.
As Vice President of Digital Experience, she has perhaps one of the most enviable jobs in financial services: leading the development of technology that puts your investing portfolio at your fingertips—at home or on the go. To deliver those experiences, we’ve developed some of the most awarded tools, products and apps in the industry.
In addition to overseeing the strategy and execution of Fidelity.com, Mobile Apps and IOT, she is also responsible for leading the experience engineering discipline within PI Technology. Tiffany firmly believes developers are not just our customers, but they are innovators, extenders, and distributors. She is excited by the challenge of innovating at the intersection of product, design, and technology to empower developers to solve problems and scale their impact.
- Doug oversees the Architecture and DevOps of the cloud infrastructure for Deloitte Advisory Health Solutions. This includes work in Azure cloud and AWS cloud.
Please note this event is being held at Fidleity Investments. Please use the Google location and the map below to guide you in. Please also note that all attendees will have to be registered to gain entry into the building.