Folks who register will plant their tomato plants on Saturday, 4/30 from 10:00-11:30 a.m. There will be three categories: biggest, boldest (most unique, but we couldn't resist the alliteration) and beautiful-est. The judging and announcing of winners will take place at The Frontier's normal Happy Hour on Thursday, 8/11 at 5:30. The first place in each category will receive $50 gift card to use at The Farmery. The Farmery will be open for brunch that morning, so even if you don't plant you can still come watch the fun and grab a bite to eat - you can register below for "Just Spectating," if you'd like, but anyone can come.
Overview of the Process:
- You'll register for "Participant." Boom easy, done | REGISTER
- You'll come pick up your participation packet on Wednesday, 4/27 from The Frontier from 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. (there will be a table near the entrance). At this time you'll need to bring your $10 entry fee - cash only (we're working on a digital way to pay, but for now cash it is). You will choose your plot - first come, first served. Your picture will be taken to be displayed with your placard in front of your chosen plot.
- You'll come to The Frontier on Saturday, 4/30 between 10:00a.m. - 11:30 a.m. and plant your tomato plant. Tomato starters will be provided, but you are also allowed to bring your own varietal should you wish.
- You can grow non-GMO or GMO plants, but no harmful fertilizers or insecticides may be used.
- You can only occupy space that is within your specified plot.
- You will decide on soil, pruning, etc, but we will install a self-watering system so you won't have to come by everyday.
- You will need to outfit your own tools.
Please direct any inquiries to Jacob Newbauer ([email protected])