Calling all heroes!
Come out and conquer the Save the Day 5K on May 30th!
The National Inclusion Project is hosting a 5k run, one mile fun run, and live music making this event the ideal block party. The superhero theme sets the stage as we work together to support inclusion within our community and beyond! We encourage everyone to get into character by dressing up as their favorite superhero.
Who are your heroes?
Heroes come in many forms. For some, it's their local firemen and police officers. For others, it's Captain America. Our heroes at the National Inclusion Project are children, parents, and advocates in the field of disabilities. Whomever your hero is, let that show! Costumes are optional, but highly encouraged. Top costume winners will receive a prize following the close of both races.
Why should I participate in the Save the Day 5K and/or 1-Mile Fun Run?
1. EVERY finisher receives a medal!
2. Proceeds benefit children with and without disabilities to be able to grow, learn, and play TOGETHER.
3. Free beer for all registrants aged 21+ (with valid photo ID).
4. Runners/walkers will randomly receive prizes as they cross the finish line.
5. All ages and abilities are WELCOME!
6. Kids' Zone hosted by Marbles Museum of Raleigh
7. Block party with TuT, an Aerosmith Cover band following the race!
8. Prizes from local area restaurants and vendors
9. Costume contest: show us who your hero is
10. Have a great time while giving back in the community around you. It's a win-win!
Register by April 28, 2015 and be entered to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!! Registration is open at www.inclusionproject.org/savetheday.