The ESC Board Leadership Boot Camp program is a series of sessions designed to inform nonprofit board leadership about best practices in critical areas that will impact board effectiveness. The program is a collaborative offering made possible by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina Foundation, Triangle Community Foundation and Youth Forward. The series is aimed at board chair-elects or members who are key to board leadership, and the goals are to:
- Strengthen the performance of nonprofit boards of directors
- Increase understanding of roles
- Promote better board leadership through increased knowledge.
The dates and session topics are as follows:
- August 22nd – Session 1: Dimensions of Nonprofit Leadership (Note: Executive directors are also invited to attend this session.)
- September 12th – Session 2: Nonprofit Fundraising
- October 3rd – Session 3: Board Structure, Board Function and Governance
- October 24th – Session 4: Better Board Meetings
- November 7th – Session 5: Financial Leadership
- December 5th – Session 6: Nonprofit Sustainability
For more information and to sign up, please visit www.esctriangle.org/our-services/board-leadership-boot-camp.