A 2016 study by McAfee found that of the 400 companies analyzed, each company on average had 1,555 business partners via the cloud, including suppliers, distributors, vendors, and customers. This eye-catching number alone provides ample reason to understand your partners’ cybersecurity plans and compliance to GDPR.
Additional motivation comes from the following:
- A recent survey from Soha Systems' Third Party Advisory Group shows that 63 percent of all cyberattacks could be traced either directly or indirectly to third parties.
- A recent article by Channel Market Report indicates that: “Under the new rules, every company and its third-party processors – including partners — are now directly and legally obligated to be in compliance.”
How can those working with alliances mitigate potential security risks as well as ensure compliance from partners while continuing to grow collaborative relationships?
Join us for an enlightening panel discussion with leaders from healthcare, finance and hi-tech to hear their thoughts on ways to deliver better data security and privacy capabilities in the face of increasingly complex business relationships and mounting regulations. Explore what the latest security acronyms mean and how they fit into financial risk management, governance and compliance practices. Discover what strategies have been adopted for data privacy and security in various industries including secure payment systems, cloud-based banking insight solutions and healthcare diagnostics services. Interact with panelists and peers to gain new partnering insights and drive thought leadership in this space.
Attendees will learn:
- Meaning of latest industry security / privacy regulations and how they impact existing business relationships
- Implications of regulations in partnership governance models across several industry examples
- How to identify potential security risks as part of partner due diligence
- Hurdles as well as best practices in adopting new privacy and security measures
- How to maintain client trust in light of increasing access to data
Michael Huckabee | Executive Director for Strategic Initiatives | SAS Institute
CA McGregor | Global Data Protection Officer | Labcorp
Laura O’Grady | Director of Global Compliance | PrecisionLender
Grafton Potter | Sr Vice President Sales | PCI Pal
Parth Amin, CSAP | Founding Principal | Alliance Dynamics, LLC
|5:30 - 6:10 pm||Meet and Greet|
|6:10 pm||Buffet Dinner Begins|
|6:30 - 6:40 pm||ASAP Chapter President Session Introduction|
|6:45 – 8:00 pm||Cybersecurity in Collaborative Economy Panel Discussion|
|8:00 - 8:30 pm||Closing Remarks followed by Networking|