Visit Event Website
The security of biomedical devices is a critical challenge for healthcare systems because it is often a shared responsibility among IT, clinical engineering, procurement, and compliance departments. This forum will feature a panel discussion on topics including:
* The obligations of manufacturers to secure biomedical devices against cybersecurity threats.
* How efforts to secure devices are coordinated between device manufacturers, procurement and health system departments.
* The biggest challenges for clinical engineering and IT staff in securing devices.
* Who is liable if a device is hacked? How do you even know if there was a breach of data?
The program also includes interactive small table discussions on these topics:
* What are your risk mitigation strategies against a hack or data breach?
* How well coordinated are the departments in your healthcare system to manage biomedical devices?
* What are the pros/cons of clinical engineering reporting to IT in your healthcare system?
The registration fee is $99 NCHICA Members / $149 Non-members and includes lunch.
Location: Archie K. Davis Conference Center - 12 Davis Drive, RTP NC 27709