ASAP regional chapter events are for in person learning and networking in the local community.
To register for this Face to Face event click on Register above.
Please note that this event is not available as a webinar.
A landmark global study on workplace conflict - "Workplace Conflict and How Businesses Can Harness it to Thrive" (click to download) – was conducted by CPP, provider of the famed Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® assessment. The research found that employees in the US spent approximately 2.1 hours per week involved in conflict, which translated into more than $300 billion in paid hours or the equivalent of nearly 400 million workdays. The same study found that workers in other countries like Germany spent 3.3 hours per week involved in conflict.
As more and more companies partner across geographies, cultures, and industries, conflicts will continue to arise and come in many different forms such as:
• Legal – contractual obligations, interpretations, and disputes
• Financial – partner commissions, milestone payments, revenue share
• Operational – schedule delays, rigid partner process, incompatible business systems
• Strategic – partner goals are different, partner commitment is lacking
• Cultural – norm in one geographic culture is offensive in another
The question for partner professionals is not how to eliminate conflict but rather how to best address it. We believe this will require developing the mindset of a mediator.
Come join the RTP Chapters for the Association of Strategic Alliance Professionals and the Licensing Executive Society as we learn from J. Anderson "Andy" Little, who was the first Chair of the North Carolina Bar Association's Dispute Resolution Section and served two terms as chair of the NC Dispute Resolution Commission. Andy has over 25 years of experience mediating more than 5,800 cases and will guide attendees in learning:
• How to mentally approach a potential conflict
• What common pitfalls in conflict management are and how to avoid them
• Best practices for conflict resolution
J. Anderson "Andy" Little, President , Mediation, Inc.
5:30 - 6:10 pm Registration and Networking
6:10 pm Buffet Dinner Begins
6:25 - 6:40 pm ASAP President & LES Chair Welcome and Session Introduction
6:45 - 7:45 pm Discussion & Q/A
7:45 - 8:15 pm Closing Remarks and Networking