About the Program
Who are we? A committee made up of Research Triangle Park employees with very modest goals:
- Preserving clean water for all
- Keeping the air breathable
- Promoting green building practices
- Keeping the abundant wildlife in the park safe and happy
- World peace – Ok, so maybe not the last one (though we support it!)
We set lofty goals for protecting the environment and work toward them by:
- Sharing best practices among RTP companies,
- Working with local government to bolster environmental protection
- Educating those few RTP companies that still don’t get it.
Guiding it All: A Commitment to Sustainability
“Sustainable development is development that meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs” – Brundtland Commission
The Research Triangle Park features world-leading science and technology companies, many of which are performing research and creating the products that will help us achieve a more sustainable future. They are implementing science-based solutions to minimize their carbon footprint, while monitoring and reporting resource use and emissions.
But what do you DO? Keep an eye on the calendar here at RTP.org for events including:
- Semiannual Electronics Recycling days at Research Triangle Headquarters — The program has recycled 723,296 pounds of e-waste from Park employees already.
- Bluebird (and other!) Boxes: The Research Triangle Foundation built a bluebird trail with 40 actively-monitored boxes along our pedestrian trail. These boxes provide housing for Eastern Bluebirds, Carolina Chickadees, House Wrens, even Flying Squirrels. We also have boxes for bats, wood ducks and more.
Want to help? Got Questions? Contact
Director of @rtp Programs: Lisa Jemison, RTF, firstname.lastname@example.org or
Programs Project Coordinator: Abby Gingrich email@example.com