- Life ScienceLife Science
- @RTP Programs@RTP Programs
Raleigh Innovation Summit
NC State University
City of Raleigh
Downtown Raleigh Alliance
Raleigh Economic Development
Wake County Economic Development
NC State University, in conjunction with the City of Raleigh, its economic development partners and the private sector is hosting the Raleigh Innovation Summit on Wednesday, January 18, 2012 at the Raleigh Convention Center. This one-day event is designed to create a unified vision for the City’s future in the areas of innovation and entrepreneurship, with a plan of action for participants. The partnership is also planning additional events around the innovation theme.
- Creating an Innovation Center in Raleigh: what programs and services should be offered to meet the needs of area entrepreneurs?
- Branding Raleigh as a City of Innovation: how do we create a consistent message, deliver the message and support a signature event that builds the brand?
- Creating partnerships between NC State University and Raleigh: how do we create physical connections and public-private-university partnerships to achieve common goals?
- Attracting more money to the region: how do we get more angel investors, venture capitalists and funding for local entrepreneurs?
The event will start with lunch and a keynote speaker. Raleigh’s Director of Planning & Economic Development Mitchell Silver will set up the context of the day’s events. Four break-out sessions will be held on the above topics, and innovative technologies will be used to capture and present information to attendees. A Suits + Geeks Mixer will follow, allowing attendees and entrepreneurs from the community to network.
Check the event website for more information, or contact a Planning Committee member below.
Raleigh Convention Center
500 South Salisbury Street
Raleigh, NC 27601