- Life ScienceLife Science
- @RTP Programs@RTP Programs
AIA Triangle Food For Thought
This one-hour presentation is for the AIA continuing education seminar series. The presentation covers how the design team can successfully modify the project workflow to accommodate the integration of building technologies. Learn more here.
Identify and explain:
- What needs to be done to achieve the AIA 2030 Challenge goals
- How far away are we?
- How the current design team "silos" work against integrated building technology (IBT)
- What is the "ideal" for integrated building technology?
- What are the challenges are for the design team (tools, energy modeling, ROI, available products, etc.)
- How to work with the USGBC to advance the LEED rating system
David Wilts is a LEED accredited professional in Building Design + Construction. He is the chair of Infocomm’s Integrated Building Technology Task Force and also sits on the Infocomm STEP Sustainability Rating System Committee as well as the BIM Best Practices Task Force. As Director of Integrated Building Technology for Crestron, his scope includes overseeing IBT PM training and IBT Design Assist Services as well as evangelizing about Smart Building to owners, developers, architects, engineers, consultants, programmers, and integrators.
David’s background includes HD broadcast facility design and construction (Morgan Stanley), technology consulting (Shen Milsom & Wilke), and live event production (MTV, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame).
Designed for 2030: Integrated Building Technology
No charge for AIA Members, Associate Members and Sponsors.
$20 for Non-Members.
The RTP Headquarters
12 Davis Drive
Research Triangle Park, NC 27709